Monday 18 May 2009

Check my schedule

Well this is my schdeule if you can tell, here's things so far. Lewis and I have pretty much done all the pre production stuff, designs, storyboards animatic and the like. After staying up till 3:30am inking all of the audience for Daryll I'd say that I've finished it too. The deadline for it is today, so I'm glad that me and Lewis are done with that. Just as a side note though, I don't think I could be a 2D animator, I mean as fun as it feels for the first 3-5 pages, it just gets downright BORING! drawing the same character over and over again. In fact it's funny because when it comes to illustrating characters, drawing the same one over and over again trying to figure his, her or its personality, then it's cool.
Anyways, back to the audience drawings I've make some less than a second quicktime movies of animation and I plan to post all 15 of them....yay. We plan to fit these into our film, which lasts 17 seconds according to the animatic. Back on Friday I believe Jared told us about using the toon shader, however due to Lewis losing his texture data on his usb I'm not sure if we are going through with that still. Though it would be nice to animate using that style. As for the animating there are essentially 2 characters to animate, Lewis was trying to find a way of changing the colour of the Max for Maya rig just to tell the difference between the 2. However I was thinking that we coul use the Moom rig to make more of an impact. I've spoken to Dan Dalli he states that it's possible to scale them however, there is a danger that it could mess up the rig completely and you'd have to go in and disconnect the rig. He said you could do it by finding the main handle which is at the bottom of the rigs feet and scale it. However I really don't think Lewis and I will have the luxury of compliacted problem solving at this point, time has gotten even shorter.
I'll discuss it with him for sure, but I think it will be a mutual agreement to just play it safe.
Oh yeah, on our schedule, the production section we don't have to worry about...my bad yes we do, but the modelling is done mostly only one aspect remains, the texturing. That's coming along fine so far, we just need to go in and ensure everything is cool, the time for play time is finished.

Right now the major thing is animating and putting the sequences together, in Premier or After Effects. As for today we'll do some scanning, discuss and update our schedule, complete the texturing then start animating.

No comments:

Post a Comment