Sunday 21 June 2009

Conclusion

Well that's it, my second year is oficially over. I'm quite satisfied with how the project went, I think it went a whole lot better than our previous group project. This excercise gave me a good oprotunity to animate once again, which seems like a very rare experience to me. Durgs character, which is lazy, goofy and un restricted made it good practice for me except he is a nightmare when you try to get him running. At some point his legs always seem to buckle because of the knee controls, which is a pain in the ass as far as I'm concerned. Which is why we decided to make it a midshot instead of a wide shot. Time was running short and we neede all the time we could get. The sprinting of the arms wasn't bad though, that was easy, the only thing that made this project a real ass itch, was those error messages that popped up. The process would go start up maya, work, error, close, repeat. It would do that so many times, that I think Lewis said to me that it happened 7 times in one day!
However in the end we got it done and I'm quite happy with it except for the speedy backgrounds...but anyways I''m happy that we were able to put is some form of 2D work in there, so our plan worked in the long run.
Well this is it, the final 3rd year and I'm not looking forward to it, I don't even want to think about it. But as of right now I'm signing out, peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment