Saturday 6 June 2009

My PC doesn't like me

Hello, this is just a quick post today. Things have been a bit of a nighmare lately, mainly because my PC has RAM issues right now. It all started when I downloaded a crack version of DVD encore and since the installation failed I can't unistall it, because it's a crack. So after that I needed to get a trial version which was no problem but I needed a converter to change my movie file to an AVI because encore doesn't support MOVs. So I got an AVS video converter but that just seemed to be faulty, everytime I tried to convert my file the program would not respond and close. Then ever since then my PC has been running slow, I'm doing everything I can to free up space, but it has it's moments when it runs good enough but then the CPU usage goes to 100%. It's basically bruck up, when that happens. However the good news is that I'm able to animate to some degree, I dunno but for some reason my version of maya doesn't seem all that compatible with my PC, could be because it's vista. I have some reoslution issues with maya, try to put it to full screen, the main worspace window just distorts and the same for the 4 views.

However I've been able to do some animations such as the close up run of Durg which needs tweaking and the run cycle which is hard so I'll save that till last. I also must keep in mind that most of the shots are only 1-3 seconds at most so probably intense tweaking isn't all that important. I still got some things to do so I hope my PC can hold out till then. When the close up of Durg is done I'll do a post of it, until stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment